Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rolling with the punches!

When I picked Em up in Korea, (a month ago yesterday, how is that possible?!?!) she was on meds for some 'flu-like' symptoms.  She pretty much has had a runny nose and a little cough since coming home, and this past weekend, spiked a pretty high fever...

We headed to the doctor Monday morning, and unfortunately, she has pneumonia.  Thankfully it was caught early and is only in her right lung, so we're treating with 10 days of strong antibiotics and avoiding a hospital stay, thank goodness.

Her breathing sounds terrible!  And her usually addictive bottles of ooyoo were causing her to throw up, so she was avoiding bottles, had no appetite and wasn't sleeping well.  Poor baby.  She is usually so happy and active but has been pretty fussy and miserable these last few days.  Fortunately, today she seemed a little better after having a few doses of meds and her breathing already sounds so much clearer.

And she's back to her bottles of ooyoo. :)

This was right before she fell asleep tonight...my sweet girl!  Oh how I love her!

She's getting so much more comfortable with our co-sleeping and a month in, we have evolved from walking her around in the carrier on my back, to rocking her in my arms in our rocking chair, to now, simply laying next to her in our bed till she falls asleep.  To me, after all the sleeping issues we had with Zoey, that's like heaven on earth!  She still will not allow Danny to take her to bed, or sleep with us, but we'll get there one day soon! (Or maybe she'll transition to her own room by then!)

She's not really a cuddler, but in the morning, will reach out to find me and lay her head on my shoulder. :)

To add to it, I have an upper respiratory infection and have not been feeling great!  At times, this week has got the best of me and it's only Wednesday!  I will say that I feel like I've taken a few punches these last several days!

I will admit that one of the hardest transitions for me as a mother of three, has been needing to be in three different places at the same time!  Filling three different needs and answering three different questions, etc, etc, all at the same time!  The language barrier with Emersyn continues to be frustrating for both she and I, and she is still not really interested in the English language, saying little to nothing in English and only repeating Korean phrases.  She's  just not interested!

Overall though, her transition continues to go pretty smoothly, and we are very grateful for that.  It's now hard to imagine life before her being here...


I'll leave you with our first family picture at the airport three and half weeks ago!!


Thanks to my friend Mario of Mario Lopez Photos for capturing these moments for us!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was sad to hear that Em was sick. No fun. But it sounds like things are going good for you all. Beautiful family!!!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I hope you all start feeling better soon:)

Heather said...

Beautiful Family Picture!! I just love following your blog :)

Post a Comment