Sunday, December 4, 2011

What's in your bi bim bap?

Bi bim bap is one of my absolute favorite Korean dishes!

I'd eat it anytime, anywhere, with just about anything in it!

Funny enough, I learned all about this dish from the book by Linda Sue Park, which my kids have memorized!  We love that book!

I usually order it at my favorite Korean restaurant, but will occasionally make it at home,
 it's so easy!

I pretty much keep everything in it on hand, but the possibilities are endless, so you really can't go wrong with whatever is in your fridge already!

I made it just the other night and it was scrumptious!

Here's what I put in mine...

I cannot get enough of that gochujang...
I keep a big 'ole jar of it in my fridge!

I really love the dol sot bi bim bop too!
(the crispy rice at the bottom?  Yah!)

That's also how I know I'm Korean...
I like my food super spicy and hot as lava!

I had some spicy cabbage kimchi on the side and I was all set!

Yummy.  Making my mouth water right now!

So, what do you like in your bi bim bap?

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Yum, you're killing me! I might have to make some soon. I make bibimbap all the time and it's always a little different. I line the dolsot pot with sesame oil so it will crisp the rice just right. Some highlights are bulgogi with onions, bean sprouts, soy bean sprouts, zucchini (fairly new discovery in bimbimbap, but I love it), spinach, carrots, and a little jap chae. Then put the dolsot pots on the stove for a few minutes. Fry up an egg, we like it with pretty runny yolks, sesame seeds and a bunch of gochuchang. With plenty of cabbage kimchi on the side. I'm salivating now!

Jenny said...

Yum. That looks delicious Kim.
I'm coming out and admitting I'm not a big fan of veggies, but I do love me some bi bim bap. I like it pretty much like yours, except I also add cucumbers and spinach, and my bulgogi pieces are smaller. :)

Post a Comment