Saturday, December 10, 2011

Practice makes perfect!

Or let's hope so anyway!!

We had the privilege of having two extra kiddos with us tonight...
my nephew and niece!

While we get to see them often, we don't usually have 'alone' time with them without other cousins, their parents, or my parents!

So this was a fun opportunity to kind of see what it would it will be like to have an extra toddler in the house. :)  Especially since my niece is just five months older than Emersyn!

We had a little living room picnic dinner...


And then the boys got busy playing Wii (in fact, as I type this, they are still playing Wii!).


And despite some early bickering, these two really started enjoying their time together!!



They even snuck a little kiss in there!



But honestly, who could resist this face?!?!?


Being that Zoey is the older one, my niece wanted to do whatever she was doing, and stayed close by at all times. :)  I imagine that Emersyn will want to do the same!


I'm not sure 'personal space' really has any meaning to toddlers!


And my niece liked playing the role of baby sister, even if it was in the doll bassinet. :)


I must say, not only did I thoroughly enjoy the extra time with my niece and nephew, it was nice to have a little time with two toddlers on my own to get a feel for it.  It was double the food, double the clean up, double the baths, double the supervision, double the play, double the fun and most definitely double the love!

I can hardly wait to have my two girls under one roof. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment