Thursday, February 16, 2012

In the words of Chandler Bing, "Could this wait BE any longer?"  

Well, I'm afraid so!  

I will say, I've tried my best to keep my whining, frustration and anger off the internet, and try instead to stay positive and keep hope alive that it will all happen in His time.  And in an effort to keep that promise to myself, I'll just say that we are hanging in there with anticipation of news.  I saw someone post today that they have been waiting 15 months since their referral...they are with a different agency, but my heart literally hurts for them, their child, and the foster families.  As it does for the rest of the children and families waiting right now.  Nothing happened today, but there is always tomorrow...

It definitely lightened my mood when I got an email this afternoon with a new WBC (well baby checkup)! Miss Em is now 19 months old, weighs 26.8 lbs and is 33.9 in tall!!  She is about caught up to Miss Zoey!  She has lots of teeth, is kicking and throwing balls (daddy was happy to hear this), she draws, uses a spoon, brushes her own teeth, washes her own hands (and dries them!),  drinks from a cup, points out her body parts, helps around the house, is a good little mama to her baby doll, and can speak two word sentences!!

But the biggest news!!!!  She is, and I quote, 'TOILET TRAINED'!!!!!

You hear that?!?!  19 months old, potty trained and I didn't do a thing! And all I have to say to that is WOOHOO!  

And I will now be shopping for an even bigger present for her foster mother. ;)


3 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Awesome! We're still praying her home.

CJ said...

Awesome news! Praying for quick EP and TC!!!!

IP Journey said...

wow! that's amazing! i need to get my act in gear to get my 32 month old trained!

Post a Comment