Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What a trooper.

Seriously, my son is such a trooper.  

He's been struggling with his eyesight now for a few weeks and I noticed him really squinting to see anything lately, poor guy!  I had the nurse check his eyes at school and sure enough, he failed miserably!  So off to the optometrist we went today and he will now be rockin' glasses!  This is about the same age I started wearing glasses as well (he'll be seven in April), so sorry Braedan! Sometimes genetics isn't all that great, huh?!?!

But in totally chill personality fashion, he shrugged his shoulders and carried on and off we went to pick out some glasses!

We first went to where our insurance is accepted and let's just say, they were in a hurry, their selection was small, (and super lame) and while they made them on the spot, they didn't adjust them correctly and pretty much shoo-ed us out the door!  We upgraded to better lenses and a better frame, because this is what we had to choose from for the 'insurance will cover these' frames.

Are we buying glasses for 80 year old women?!?!




We found these pair from the 'insurance will cover partially' pile and if I do say so myself, this is one cute dude, glasses and all. :)  (these are all from my phone camera, I figured carrying around my DSLR and snapping pics like paparazzi wasn't appropriate in this situation, but I can't say I wasn't tempted!)


We then went to a bit more reputable store where they adjusted the above glasses to fit perfectly on his half asian nose and decided to get a pair he can leave at school too so he doesn't have to remember to bring them back and forth (this pair is a bit sturdier too. :0) and once again, this boy can rock just about any pair of glasses!!

And the doctor asked about sports, etc. and recommended we get a pair of sport goggles...good idea, considering he will start coach pitch in baseball this year and is just finishing up basketball season!  He needs to see the ball!  He pretty much rocked these too. :)

I gotta say, when I was pregnant, I used to give Danny a hard time joking that he would never really have a kid that looked like him, assuming they would all look like me. :0)

When he was born, he had red hair, light skin and didn't look asian at all!  The nurses kept checking to make sure the right baby was in the right room when they would bring him in and see me!  Our ID bracelets were checked a lot!

Shortly after bringing him home, I joked that when he went to school, kids would start nicknaming his 'Brady' and he'd have red hair and glasses. 

I was joking, but clearly someone was listening. :)

I rocked some hideous glasses in my day (I will you spare you the pics) and I am determined to not let my son do the same!

I seriously just love this kid to death.  Glasses and all.

I guess our Valentine pic this year predicted our future!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I LOVE the second picture!

Alison said...

Love the pics! My 10 year old has had glasses for a couple of years and he picked out some rockin ones this time :)

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

cute!

me said...

Seriously laughed out loud when I saw that pic of Braedan in those glasses with your comment of "80 year old woman." When I saw him in his new glasses at church, I thought they suited him well.

Post a Comment