Friday, February 10, 2012

They do listen.

Imagine that!

I was on the phone with a friend today in the car and the kids were with me.

We were talking adoption, specifically about birth mothers and I told her that my kids didn't even know that term...

to which my six year old replied, 'Yes I do!'

(See, he was listening to my entire conversation the whole time!)

I asked him what he thought a birth mother or birth family is, and his response went something like this:

'It means when you have a family, and they can't take care of you, and so another family adopts you.'

Wow.

It's clear from the way he explained it that he totally gets it.

And he wasn't just repeating something I have said in the past...

Some people may say that it's not that simple.

I would have to say, maybe it's not.

But it is to a child.

To this child.

To my child.

To him, adoption is about love.

Simple as that.

His sister's have birth families who couldn't take care of them and so we adopted them.

And now we are a family.  

That's all he sees.

It's all that matters.

And as I finish typing this post thru tears, I am grateful to be the mother to all three of them.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure do think that little guy is special. You are so blessed to be mama to three beautiful babies!

Post a Comment