Thursday, April 26, 2012

Num, num, mashiseyo!!

This picture cracks. me. up!

It certainly sums up the way she feels about most of the American food I try to give her!

This morning's attempt was mini organic waffles with a little syrup and butter...not a fan!


So we went with the safe choice and she chowed down on some toasted seaweed wrapped bap.

Mashiseyo!


And some rice noodle soup!


Now she's happy!


I gotta say...

I LOVE KOREAN FOOD!

My brother and I were hoping to do a lot more food experimentation, but picking up Em so early in the week (which I wouldn't trade for the world!) put a bit of a wrench in that plan and we didn't quite pack in all that we wanted!  

But we still had some pretty good food...

The kimchi just tastes different there!  I love me some kimchi!


And my bowl of bi bim naengmyeon...YUM!  

One of my favorite cold noodle dishes!


And the mandu was to die for...curry and kimchi filled. 

I could drink the dipping sauce with a straw. :)

But oh the mandu....sooooo yummy!


My brother ordered this cheese filled pork thingy with a brown sauce and it was sooooooo good!

Wishing we could replicate this, so if anyone knows exactly what it is, let me know!


This was all at a little place in Insadong.

It was delicious.  And super inexpensive!


And my favorite bakery where I ate every morning last time I was there!

Tous Les Jours.

Something about Korean baked goods that is so different from American.

I think they are less sweet and more savory, which is just how I like it!



And if you're a Kimchi Chronicles fan, then you'll recognize these guys and their candy making skills!

It starts out with a donut shaped honey something and by hand, they turn it into thousands of thin strands and wrap a mixture of whatever you choose inside, chocolate or nuts or both.

I will say that the show is good, the candy is not! Save your money on that one and just watch. :)




And it's always fun to spot little tastes of home...


Our favorite meal was the last day when we met Zoey's foster mother for lunch at Bulgogi Brothers!
No pictures of the food as we were too busy chatting, but oh my goodness was it delish!

What I love most is that it tasted so similar to the Korean restaurant we frequent here in town and so I know I'm getting fabulously authentic Korean cuisine right here at home!

I'm thinking next time I'm gonna rent one of these bad boys and just ride from food place to food place...
it would burn calories and work up an appetite in between!






1 comment:

Lori! said...

Funny!! We bought candy from the same guy in Insadong last month...and it was horrid. My niece bought some in Namdaemun Market and it was SO good. I think the guys in Insadong were just peddling OLD stuff. The fresher stuff was awesome!

Post a Comment