Saturday, April 21, 2012

One Week Home!!

How is it possible it's already been a week since Emersyn and I got home from Korea?!?!

We hung out with cousins today and then headed to Braedan's baseball game.

Boy, did I get to see a big 'ole temper tantrum today!

First, she insisted on bringing her baby stroller, but didn't want the baby in it.  Just the stroller.  Threw a fit.

Then she wanted a snow cone (well Zoey did, and of course I had to get Em one too!)

But as soon as she saw that Zoey could hold the cup and feed herself, well, she had to do the same.

And as hard as I tried to 'control' some part of this, she threw a wicked fit!

Screamed, cried and squeezed out some big tears!  The language barrier obviously makes it worse as trying to explain to her why she can't hold it herself just didn't work.  So in an effort to keep the peace, I handed it to her and all was well.  She got it all over the place but whatever.

I have a feeling there was not too much she was told no to while living with her foster family!

She sure did enjoy it though.  And I'm no newbie!  Always get the lightest color flavor possible!






She just has to do everything her big sister does!


I will admit I've not yet mastered getting both girls in the same place at the same time without help! Danny went early to the game and had to help out in the dugout, so I was carrying my camera bag, diaper bag, three fold out chairs, and Em's baby doll she refused to put in her stroller, all while my girls ran down the street and I just tried to keep them as corralled as possible and watch out for cars! If I had to pick one of them up, it would not have happened without dropping everything in my arms first!  Maybe I need to take the double stroller everywhere?  I can see how this can become potentially dangerous in other situations!

One of the great things about Em though is how friendly she is.  She will wave and smile at everyone and blow kisses on demand.  We kind of knew this from reports from Korea as well as seeing that video they had sent us during out wait.  It's just friendly enough too as she won't allow people to pick her up though. :)  

She also gets excited now to see my parents when they come over, especially my dad, who she seems to really like!  She will run up to him and hug his legs.  It's pretty cute. It weirds my dad out though because he thinks she looks exactly like me as a baby.

We are hoping to try church out tomorrow, but we'll see how that goes.  I am doubtful this girl can sit for any amount of time in a church pew!  And our service starts at 8:30am and well, we can't get there on time with two kids, so...

She is still only responding to Hui-a, not sure about that whole Emersyn thing....still has yet to really say any English words, but communicating well with the few Korean phrases I know.  She calls me omma and will bow and say 'da' when thanking people.  Her favorite phrase is 'baaaaaah' which I was told in Korea is baby's way of getting your attention, like 'look, look'!  

Zoey was in bed early tonight, and Braedan was winding down watching netflix on the iPad, so I turned on Pororo for her...she is addicted and this is the ONE thing she will sit still for!  Besides all the singing along and dancing of course!

Unfortunately, the only thing I can get the DVD to play on is my MacBook Pro, and I don't let ANY of my kids play with that usually!!




She's soooo into it!



And it drives me nuts when she tries to press buttons!  She messed up my Lightroom the other day and it took me hours to recover it and figure out how to get it to work again!


But even after telling her no, she still tries to do things her way. :)

See mom, not touching any buttons!



Still not touching buttons!


Love this little ball of joy!  And blessed to be her mama!


(and ignore her puffy right eye as she bonked it on Braedan's head earlier)

Happy one week home Hui-a!

2 comments:

Laurie (kurlegirle) said...

Oh yah, she and my Lu are like two cute little peas in a pod! Hold on, mama. It's going to be a thrill ride.

Leah said...

Awww, looks like things are going great! lol Congrats on a week being home! :)

Post a Comment